ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ant bug or user error?
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:34:11 GMT
 --- Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote: > --- Jose
Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > This is really a bad bug.
> > [snip]
> > What I would like to do is to add a new
> command-line
> > option (and acompaning magic property) called
> "-once"
> > what this would do is treat the list of targets in
> the
> > command line as follows:
> >
> >   ant -once t1 t2 t3 t4
> > [snip]
> > Thoughts?
>
> If it's a bad bug, then it should be fixed, not put
> on the user to work
> around it with a flag.

True about fixing it. But I am not sure if we can
witout major changes all over the place, so I am not
holding my breath.

With respect to -once, bug or no bug, I think it has
merit (actually it should have been the behaviour from
the start, but it is too late for that (ANT2?)).

The functionality would all be quite good for <ant>
since will *reduce* te need for multiple <ant>
(to only the cases when you need different
parameters).

Does anyone think there is something bad about it?

Jose Alberto