ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: RE: checkstyle checkstytle-frames.xsl problem
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 04:49:52 GMT
Hi,

just in case anyones interested. The checkstyle xsl sheet apparently
breaks on win32 (see below message). Tof fix it I modified the xsl sheet to
strip the leading path and it is usable via something like the following.

        <mkdir dir="${build.reports}/checkstyle"/>
        <property name="checkstyle.pathhack" location="."/>
                  in="build/checkstyle-results.xml"
                  out="${build.reports}/checkstyle/delete-me.html">
            <param name="pathhack" expression="${checkstyle.pathhack}"/>

Subject: RE: checkstyle checkstytle-frames.xsl problem
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:44:50 -0000
From: "Vincent Massol" <vmassol@octo.com>
To: "'Avalon Developers List'" <avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

Ok, I've found the problem. It wasn't with Xalan but rather with the
stylesheet which only works on Unix ...

The reason is my @name is E:\Vma\......

and thus Xalan tries to create the file
{$output.dir}/files/E:\Vma\....html, which of course is not valid. Thus,
we need to modify the stylesheet to support windows ... I can try but my
knowledge of XSLT is limited ... :-)

I guess all you guys are running unix, right ? :-)

Thanks
-Vincent

in

> build/reports/checkstyle/.
>
> I am using Xalan 2.2.D11, in my $ANT_HOME/lib. To check, add it to

your

> classpath and do this:
>
> [jeff@kermit io]$ java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -V

> With an older version of Xalan, it didn't crash, but didn't output
> anything except 'deleteme.html'.
>
> Btw, you can test the transformation with:
>
> java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN build/checkstyle-results.xml

-XSL

> ../tools/etc/checkstyle-frames.xsl
>

> HTH,
>
> --Jeff
>
> On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 09:39:52PM -0000, Vincent Massol wrote:
> > Thanks Jeff. However it does not work as name is not a variable but

an