ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <davidjen...@directvinternet.com>
Subject Re: [Contribution] EJB Hot deployment task
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 05:29:47 GMT
On 2002.03.25 00:07:33 -0500 Erik Hatcher wrote:
> [...]

Right now you can deploy specific urls located anywhere, however there is
no url scanner, just a directory scanner.  There is a farm service letting
you deploy explicitly on one machine and have the deployment replicated
over the whole farm.

OK, first I took the bait...

>From a more well rounded viewpoint, it would be useful to be able to call
the MainDeployer mbean from ant:

-- you can deploy lots of files remotely without telling the scanner about
them explicitly.

-- you can deploy packages in a specified order

-- you can avoid the delay of waiting for the scanner to notice the
package.

In general, it would be nice to have a jmx caller task in ant-- you could
use it for controlling just about anything in jboss.

Maybe I'll take this opportunity to once again push the idea that ant
should be a bunch of mbeans running in a jmx mbean server.

So  I guess jonas will beat jboss at this, since I have to be out of town
next week;-) (unless someone else takes this on)

david jencks