ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: updated patch set
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:29:50 GMT
--- stephan beal <stephan@wanderinghorse.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 24 March 2002 04:49 am, Diane Holt wrote:
> > So spend your energy on modifying ForEach.java to take a list of
> > items from a file
>
> But that stuff's already Done ;).

It is? Where?  You can iterate over a fileset (with each file in that set
being the param that's passed), but I don't see that you can specify a
file that contains a list of items to iterate over. IOW, it'd probably
mean adding a new attr, say, 'listfile', that, when specified, reads in
that file and passes as the param each line from that file. That'd get you
what you need and avoid all these major mongo changes to Ant code, and it
seems like it'd be far more generally useful than putting all this effort
into just the <cvs> task specifically (especially since you may well be
the only person who'd ever want the <cvs> task to do the stuff you're
trying to make it do).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)