ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: updated patch set
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:49:22 GMT
--- stephan beal <stephan@einsurance.de> wrote:
> i got pedantic about using "optional" tasks - i wanted to limit myself
> to the core.

Not sure why, though, since it's really no different. The only reason
<foreach> (and the other "logic" stuff) is over on Sourceforge is because
some committers tend to -1 anything that seems too "scripty". Just throw
it into your SCM along with the rest of your Ant stuff.

> What if i have this command:
> -m "some comment about my commits, which don't mean much" Some file
> [...]
> A one-line-per-command solution is, IMO, as simple simple as it gets.

So spend your energy on modifying ForEach.java to take a list of items
from a file -- that should be pretty straightforward, and getting a change
like that committed would probably be easier than all the stuff you're
doing for Ant's <cvs> task (you could probably even get commit privileges
to put it through yourself).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)