ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/components/embeddor
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:22:56 GMT
On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 17:40, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> [...]

heh - didn't think about that. My main reason to do it was to make Unit tests
easier to write and make it much easier to use outside of ant ;)

> I wonder if we should do a similar thing to the TypeManager and RoleManager
> interfaces, and split them into work interface and management interface?

Keep them separate for the moment. I would prefer to experiment with allowing
roles to define metainfo about their type (ie converter metainfo saids a
instance of converter role must supply metainfor about source and destinaiton
classes to convert).

Hmm thats confusing. Basically I want to be able to have roles say that types
that implement role must supply certain attributes. It will be easy to
implement this if Roles/Types are separated for the time being.

"An intellectual is someone who has been educated
beyond their intelligence."

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message