ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] api.metadata.Model*
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2002 06:54:34 GMT
On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:57, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> * AspectManager uses Parameters.  AspectManager is getting axed, right?

maybe ... probably ... theres a few things they are useful for (actually only
one thing I can think of atm - that being preferences) that are not better
satisfied by other mechanisms. We will see I guess :)

> > Not sure - is it still worth going to Model* rather than Config*
> > ? The only
> > advantage I see is that it is a smaller interface. The
> > disadvantage I see is
> > code duplication and you lose all the getAttributeAs*
> > getContentAs* helper
> > methods - but then again they will only be used by handwritten
> > self-configuring tasks.
>
> And we want to make that as painful as possible :)

oh - i c ;)

> A couple more advantages to using Model*:
>
> * Gets rid of the last of the Avalon stuff from the task API.
> * It's ours to change as we like.  For example, experimenting with
>   using Objects in the model, rather than Strings.

Convinced me.

I will integrate it after I have readded the <ant/> / <antcall/> stuff. I got

most of it done - actually hardest bit about it was writing the javadocs

--
Cheers,

Pete