ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: suggestion for if/unless syntax change
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 02:33:31 GMT
--- Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com> wrote:
> IMHO, a much more useful thing (instead of changing completely the
> meaning of 'if') is to actually let it check for a particular value.
> I guess I wrote such a patch [...]

You sure did! -- and it was a lifesaver for me back then, since I
absolutely had to have a test-for-equality (as some of you may recall :)
Nowadays, it could be done by setting a third property via <condition> and
unless'ing on that, but unless="${sanity}=${sane}" is still prettier :)

>     <target .... if='prop=true'/>
>
> this is a fully backward compatible and more useful thing to have, IMO.

Yeah, but we went down that road (hard), and you know how it always ends.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)