ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/java/org/apache/antlib/core PropertyDump.java
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 23:47:34 GMT
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:42, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> [...]

How about

debug()    (full debug output - meant for task writers)
verbose()  (printout when verbose - useful to get more information without
being flooded - still meant for build file writers)
info()     (regular printout)
warn()     (Something bad occured like unable to delete file no stop build)
error()    (Stop the compile errors)

> Thoughts?  How is this going to work with Logger?

Bump everything up a level after debug(). ie error --> Logger.fatalError(),
warn --> Logger.error() etc.

--
Cheers,

Pete