ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: suggestion for if/unless syntax change
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:27:17 GMT
--- Adam Murdoch <adammurdoch_ml@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Here's how the test gets evaluated:
>
> property not set => false
> property set to 'false' => false
> property set to anything other than 'false' => true

Personally, I'm not sure I like the idea of a property's value being
evaluated when it's just the property's name being specified (eg., "foo"),
not a reference to the property's value (eg., "${foo}").

Nor am I entirely sure that a string value of "false" should have any
special meaning anyway. Are you planning on adding a 'type' attribute for
<property/> (eg., <property type="boolean" name="flag" value="false"/>)?
(Which actually might not be a bad idea, and goes along with Erik's
earlier thing about wanting to specify a "file" type.) Otherwise it
precludes someone being able to just set a property to "true" or "false",
for whatever purpose they need it for, and then testing on whether that
property is simply set, regardless of its value.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)