ant-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <darr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: suggestion for if/unless syntax change
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:27:24 GMT
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:24, stephan beal wrote:

> > > And I assume set (to anything) will evaluate to true?
> >
> > Here's how the test gets evaluated:
> >
> > property not set => false
> > property set to 'false' => false
> > property set to anything other than 'false' => true
>
> That's how it SHOULD get evaluated, IMO, but that's not how it actually
> works
>
> (at least, in Ant 1.4.1). It goes like this:

Adam was referring to the "Myrmidon" ant2 proposal, not to a current release
of Ant. Hopefully, in the not too far distant future, you'll be able to
download it and try it out yourself.

> Then again, maybe it only responds to the word 'false', and not 'off' or
> 'no', as most other flags do?

I'll look at adding support for "off" and "no" when I convert the Myrmidon
<if> task to use a new IfCondition.

ciao
Daz