ant-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <darr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/java/org/apache/antlib/core PropertyDump.java
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:15:55 GMT
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:42, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> [...]

Yep, I definitely think it's strange behaviour that at the default log level,
you get almost no feedback. I was going to suggest making "info" the default
level. I hadn't thought that warn() should be used for regular feedback -
just doesn't feel right.

I suppose having another level between info and debug would be helpful,
because in many cases you want to provide optional extra info for *BuildFile*
writers, without spewing out the entire debug info. (Debug can then be kept
for incredibly verbose output that helps *Task* developers track down bugs).

ciao
Daz