ant-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <darr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] RE: suggestion for if/unless syntax change
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:58:07 GMT
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:03, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> > You're not the only one.  In myrmidon, we changed if and unless
> > to test the
> > property value against true/false/yes/no (with unset still evaluating to
> > false).  It does make some things a fair bit simpler.
>
> That reminds me.  At some stage, the compat stuff will need to deal with
> the fact that <if> works differently to ant 1 if/unless.

Won't be a problem. We'll just need to use the appropriate <condition>s to
set a variable correctly.

Actually, I think that having the <if> check for "false" is cool, but the
condition that it uses to do this shouldn't be called "IsSetCondition". This
is a bit misleading. Maybe we should rename that to "IfCondition" or
"TestCondition", and add an IsSetCondition which does just that, checks if a
property is set. (I'll add this as part of my next round of changes, because
I'll need a true IsSetCondition to provide proper Ant1 compatibility).

ciao
Daz