ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/testcases/org/apache/myrmidon/components/property/test
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 01:43:22 GMT
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:34, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> * You should re-contextualise the project at the start of each task's
> execute() method (that is, reset the m_context field).  This is because the
> context for a task is in no way guaranteed to be the same object for every
> task in a project (though it just happens to be at the moment).  Nor is
> there any guarantee that a context will remain usable once Task.execute()
> has returned.

Actually I believe that each task gets a new TaskContext and it gets thrown
away at end of tasks execution ;) I think all these TaskContexts "inherit"
from a parent TaskContext and just set task specific context variables (maybe
just name atm?)

The two secrets to success:
   1- Don't tell anyone everything.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>