ant-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <darr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/components/builder TransformingProjectBuilder.java ant1convert.xsl DefaultProjectBuilder.java Resources.properties
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:42:15 GMT
On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:11, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> [...]

I quickly tried this out - the tools.jar extension didn't seem to be loaded
when I renamed to ant1compat.jar. Anyhow, we probably need a more general
solution to the problem of adding antlibs which depend on other antlibs.  An
example would be if you extended a antlib with a new different task, and
wanted to be able to share datatype references between the new and existing
tasks. (You don't want to always force the original antlib to be a .jar, and
reside in the top-level classloader).

I don't think he way extensions currently work will work, because the classes
will be loaded separately for each antlib, so instances couldn't be shared.
It seems that we need a way to declare that Antlib-A "depends" on antlib-B,
so that antlib-A could be loaded in a ClassLoader that was a child of the
antlib-B's classLoader.

More stuff to do, I guess.

ciao
Daz