ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: Question: how to send a fileset as an argument?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 04:59:08 GMT
--- "Craeg K. Strong" <> wrote:
> I am using the <style>  task to create a bunch of fo files from a
> fileset of XML files
> Then I am using the renderX XEP processor to create PDF files from the
> fo files
> Simple enough, right?    The renderX processor is a java class that
> operates on .fo files passed on the command line.
> The problem is, I don't know how to pass a fileset as an argument

You can use <pathconvert> to convert a fileset to a list of files,
delimited by whatever you need -- in your case, I assume you'd want
spaces, so do:

<fileset dir="whatever" id="filesetid">
 <include ...

  <target ...>
    <pathconvert property="filelist" pathsep=" " refid="filesetid"/>
    <java ...
      <arg line="${filelist}"/>

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>