ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question: how to send a fileset as an argument?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 04:59:08 GMT
--- "Craeg K. Strong" <cstrong@arielpartners.com> wrote:
> I am using the <style>  task to create a bunch of fo files from a
> fileset of XML files
>
> Then I am using the renderX XEP processor to create PDF files from the
> fo files
>
> Simple enough, right?    The renderX processor is a java class that
> operates on .fo files passed on the command line.
>
> The problem is, I don't know how to pass a fileset as an argument

You can use <pathconvert> to convert a fileset to a list of files,
delimited by whatever you need -- in your case, I assume you'd want
spaces, so do:

<fileset dir="whatever" id="filesetid">
 <include ...
</fileset>

  <target ...>
    <pathconvert property="filelist" pathsep=" " refid="filesetid"/>
    <java ...
      <arg line="${filelist}"/>
     </java>
  </target>