ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] PATCH: PropertyResolver service.
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:43:47 GMT
On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 12:28, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> I don't think we want a global AntException.  As a general plan, what might
> be useful is a base exception for each major reuse group
> (aut,

-1

aut is set of reusable utilities. Each subset of aut should have their own
exception IMHO. So aut.X should be able to be picked up without any
dependencies on other unrelated classes.

> myrmidon.interfaces,

+/-0 I don't see any adantage to it but don't see any disadvantage either ;)

> myrmidon.api

+1

> In the meantime, ProjectException might be good to add, to get thrown when
> something goes wrong building the project model.

+1

> > e) Recursive property resolution, like
> >             srcdir="${build.${current-project}.dir}".
> > Not sure how useful this would be, but could always play around with it.
>
> Looks like the code is ready to go, may as well switch it on.

It has been -1'ed a whole bunch of times so we probably shouldn't switch it
on ;) I originally wrote the code so that when I wrote the Policy object you
*could* switch it on if you wanted to but by default it reverts to our
current behaviour.

--
Cheers,

Pete

When a stupid man is doing something he's ashamed of, he always
declares that it is his duty.
					 George Bernard Shaw