ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Name collisions
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 10:10:17 GMT
 --- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote: > On
Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez
> <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> "I don't want to touch this now" was talking about
> the main source
> tree, in no way would I want to restrict what you or
> anybody else is
> doing in the proposal area.
>
> Hope I've made myself easier to understand this time

Yes you have. And sorry for my "blow up" :-(

In any case, I still would like to get your opinion
on what should be the best behaviour to deal with this
issue:

If I have A defined as a task, and I now try to define
A as a data-type, should I:
 (1) redefine A (just like I would do if A was being
redefined as a different task) or should I
 (2) fail because of trying to redefined to a
different kind of thing.

This is my dilema and what I would like input from you
guys. (2) is much easier to implement, but (1) takes
the burden from library developers on having to know
the mappings of everything a priori.

Thoughts?

Jose Alberto

Jose Alberto