ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Saxon Liason for Style task
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 12:41:01 GMT
 --- Stephane Bailliez <stephane.bailliez@haht.com>
wrote: > > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
> >
> > On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez
> <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Has anyone written a Saxon specific XSLTLiason
> for the
> > > Style task?
> >
> > Doesn't Saxon implement TraX?  Oh, I see Saxon 7
> does, but 6.5.1 does
> > not.
>
> From what I understand he is using Saxon extensions
> and he would like to be
> able to use in the same place saxon and xalan for
> example. So you cannot
> rely on trax as you don't even know which one will
> be use... (yeah right,
> classpath) so you would need to specify the factory
> to use for trax so that
> you can call in one line saxon and on the other
> xalan.
>
> But of course all this also depends on the JAXP
> implementation you use for
> trax since the first jaxp 1.1 (but not 1.1.1+) is
> caching the factories and
> is not loading them from the context classloader as
> well AFAIR.

Well, the escence of my proposal is to be able to
specify which TraX we want. The mechanics of how to
obtain it, we probably need to think some more about
it. I really do not know JAXP that well, so I just
tried with something simple.

For the JAXP experts, can I just do new of the class
directly and just use that instead of what JAXP would
have returned? If that works, we do not need to change
the System.property, we just bypass all that.

Ideas?

Jose Alberto