ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: jspc and magic compiler attribute
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 12:16:29 GMT
 --- Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
wrote: > +1 on removing the magic property and making
it a
> <jspc> attribute.
>
> The main reason the javac magic property exists is
> so that you don't have to
> specify the compiler for every <javac>, right?  Its
> unlikely that someone
> would have a whole lot of <jspc> tasks in their
> build file so it shouldn't
> be too big of an issue, and besides, they can always
> do
> compiler="${jspc.compiler}".

So, how do I write a buildfile that can deploy JSPs in
weblogic or websphere or jboss etc etc without needing
to change the buildfile?

Magic-properties are the equivalent in ANT to
environment variables. They are usefull when the you
want different users to execute the same buildfile in
different execution environements.

Just with OS environemnet variables, what we need is a
more consistent naming convension and to spell them
out clearly in the documentation (xdoclet hint hint).

Jose Alberto