ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject <style> new processor specification
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 17:17:45 GMT
Hi,

So, now that I solved my problem with using Saxon just
some times, I would like to propose adding to the
values of the "processor" attribute or simillar.

The reason is the following, the problem I have with
the specific capabilities of a particular XSL
implementation. Hence, I need to be able to choose the
processor I want to use on a <style> by <style> basis.
Now all those processors are TRAX processors,
so really I should not need to write Liaisons for each
one. I just need to be able to force the TRAX Liaison
to pick a particular one.

I would like to be able to say:

processor="trax:com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"
       .... />

This can be implemented by temporarily setting the
System.property for TRAX:
javax.xml.parsers.TransformFactory before trying to
obtain the factory.

What do you think, this is the way my corrent
SaxonLiaison works, and it just delegated everything
to the already existing TraXLiaison.

BTW, <style> should set the ContextClassLoader when it
creates its own AntClassLoader. Otherwise, the code is
kind of useless.

Jose Alberto