ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject [xdocs] Feature Requests
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 12:16:39 GMT
Hi,

I was just playing around with the xdocs proposal and I have a few requests ;)

* Could you rename your templates to end with .j as that *seems* to be the
standard that most other xdoclet templates use (though I could be wrong).

* If someone was to create "summary" pages for each category of
tasks/datatypes that listed all the types in that category and maybe gave a
blurb about category (blurb got via merge external xml operation?) then that
would be fantastic.

* Rather than defaulting to "other" as catgory if it is undefined - perhaps
it would be a good idea to default to the last element in package name in
which the task is contained. So tasks in

o.a.t.a.taskdefs.optional.vss

would be in the "vss" category if none other was specified. This would make
it much easier to also use code unchanged for ant2 ;)

* Also it does not seem that nested elements are processed proeprly - or am I
missing something. ie Are top level elements and nested elements treated
identically? ie will the structure of a nested element be fully documented ?

* Also it would be great to write the task so that only the changed files are
passed to the xdoclet engine. Because each file generates a separate xml then
this should not be a problem. To generate the defaults.properties files you
can post-process all the generated xml files to extract filenames as
appropriate. This would allows us to have xdoclet fully integrated into our
buikld process with virtually no speed hit

--
Cheers,

Pete