ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TaskAdapter and execute()
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 07:52:35 GMT
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 07:12, Ara Abrahamian wrote:
> +10. Please make it modular, one task plus dependent classes -> one
> deployable unit including deployment descriptors. No more, no less. Use
> factory everywhere. The other day I wanted to install my enhanced
> introspection system but there's no factory for it.

Wait for ant2 and all should be possible :)

> I hope you don't overuse @tags :-) It can easily happen and you end up
> in a code with lots of @tags in it! And worse than that with lots of
> deployment-oriented tags which shouldn't be placed in source code
> really.

I just experienced this in another project I converted to using XDoclet. I
ended up with 50% meta-data 50% code ;) XDoclet was the hammer and everything
looked like a nail. I since have got it back to reasonable levels again ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

"Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.  Those of us who
 aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might
 think we're stupid." -- Jules Feiffer