ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/sandbox/embed ProjectHelperImpl.java
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 22:54:12 GMT
On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 08:03, costin@apache.org wrote:
> costin      02/03/05 13:03:32
>
>   Modified:    proposal/sandbox/embed ProjectHelperImpl.java
>   Log:
>   Jikes ( and gcj ) have some problems dealing with internal non-static
> classes.
>
>   The compiler is required to 'rewrite' the code, removing 'private' and
>   adding an extra parameter ( try to decompile ProjectHelper and look
>   at method signatures ). While standard javac seem to work fine, I had
>   problems with many other compilers ( usually gcj, but now jikes is
>   complaining as well ).
>
>   I manually did what the compiler would do - now it should work
>   with any compiler.
>
>   ( the runtime exception was a "Verifier error, expecting object/array on
> stack" )

Jikes1.15 is completely and utterly busted. I would highly recomend you don't
use it as your "reference" compiler.

--
Cheers,

Pete

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the
 point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.
 The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality."
        -- George Bernard Shaw