ant-dev mailing list archives

From Eugene Karpov <kar...@sigma.ispras.ru>
Subject Re: FileSet issues
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 13:18:09 GMT
On Friday 01 March 2002 19:25, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Eugene Karpov <karpov@sigma.ispras.ru> wrote:
> >>
> >> Where would you need that?  Probably in every task that supported
> >> file sets, as well as removeXYZ in all tasks that supported nested
> >> xyz elements?
> >
> > You are not quite right. Cause FileSet is a DataType and it defines
> > SourceData for the build, but other nested elements (except other
> > DataTypes) implement build logic.
>
> I cannot follow you.  Why do you need the ability to remove filesets
> from a task, but not other nested elements?
>
> My understanding has been that you were repeatedly using a <copy> task
> in a loop, didn't want to recreate a Copy instance every time and
> needed to reset the tasks state.
>
> You probably want to do something completely different, but what? 8-)

The target is to separate build data (files grouped by destination, i.e. java
sources, test sources, release sources and so on) and build logic.

In current environment (1.4.1) the only way is to implement two more
tasks: first is a fileset container that stores filesets into the project
properties and second is fileset iterator that executes inbound tasks
with the specified filesets.

So I propose you to separate DataType's and Tasks. DataType's should be
changeable at runtime while Tasks structure - not.

<Copy> task is just an example.

--
B.R.
Eugene