ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: addXXX related question
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2002 22:40:38 GMT
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 05:32, Magesh Umasankar wrote:
> When I apply this patch (perhaps a bit hackish...), I can
> work around the problem and everything works as I expect it to...
> Please let me know if I can go ahead and apply this patch
> against the main tree...

The problem with this is what happens if they try to use the feature. They
will not get a ClassNotFOundException - instead they will get a "nested type
X does not support attribute Y" which would cause more headaches IMO.

Personally I would go with the wrapper approach for the time being

--
Cheers,

Pete