ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/java/org/apache/antlib/core Available.java ConditionTask.java OsCondition.java Fail.java IfTask.java
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2002 07:39:02 GMT
On Sun, 3 Mar 2002 16:40, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> > >   * A target can now take both an "if" and an "unless" condition.
> >
> > I don't like this because it complicates an already complex area.
> > Personally
> > I don't think targets should have conditions at all but I guess they are
> > going to need to for backwards compatability with ant1.x :(
>
> I have to agree.  I'd either like to see "if" and "unless" go, or I'd like
> to see a far more expressive model for dependency traversal.
>
> Let's go the simpler option, and axe the target conditions altogether, so
> that all the conditional stuff ends up as tasks inside the targets.

You read my mind ;)

When I reimport the XSLT sheet to do the ant1 --> ant2 transform I was
thinking about munging it to do this.

--
Cheers,

Pete

| Programming today is a race between software engineers  |
| striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof         |
| programs,and the universe trying to produce bigger and  |
| better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.         |
|                       - Richard Cook                    |