ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/java/org/apache/antlib/core Available.java ConditionTask.java OsCondition.java Fail.java IfTask.java
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2002 04:27:08 GMT
On Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:19, adammurdoch@apache.org wrote:
>   * Moved <available> to antlib.  This is no longer a task, just a
> condition. Removed all file checking, which will be done by other condition
> implementations.

Can you describe what you mean here? How do you see conditions being set. I
was going to eventually get around to having

<file-available/>
<resources-available/>
etc

How do you see it behaving?

>   * A target can now take both an "if" and an "unless" condition.

I don't like this because it complicates an already complex area. Personally
I don't think targets should have conditions at all but I guess they are
going to need to for backwards compatability with ant1.x :(

--
Cheers,

Pete