ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: Order of attributes versus elements
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 07:57:14 GMT
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:43, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> Anyway, I'd appreciate some thoughts on whether there should be a
> defined order of attribute setting versus element creation.

I would say create attributes first and then elements - that is how it works
intuitively for me.

> Should this
> be specified in Ant1? How about Ant2? Alternatively, should it be left
> undefined? In that case Build files which rely on any particular order
> would be considered defective even if they happened to work
> Anyway, IMHO, I think this buildfile is broken.

I wouldn't say that. I would say the task is broken. BTW I think you will
find that sort of construct in a few places (myrmidons build file for one and
it also used to be in ants build file).

 "No. Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
                                     -- Yoda

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message