ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <davidjen...@directvinternet.com>
Subject Re: Order of attributes versus elements
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 21:39:08 GMT
On 2002.03.01 15:51:35 -0500 Steve Loughran wrote:

> [...]

I think it's really cool.  I didn't really understand model mbeans until I
read about them in Juha Lindfor's new jmx book.

> > Plus the whole JMX registry
> > > singleton model is messy; makes writing unit tests that much harder
> >
> > What do you mean by the singleton model?
>
> the way you have to register beans with the central place to make them
> locatable, if all your server go through the same system to find stuff
> then
> you need to clean it out between unit tests, and it doesnt seem that easy
> clean up unless you know what you added.
>
> But I welcome being proved wrong, if it simplifies my future work

Maybe you are lacking a reasonable way of deploying mbeans... the mlet
pseudo-xml notation sucks, and doing it in code is also kind of a non
starter.  I'm used to the jboss 3 model, which lets you deploy xml
configuration chunks of any size at any time, and provides pretty good
lifecycle and dependency management.  Tests I write generally involve
deploying an xml document with the configuration for the mbeans I'm working
with, testing them, and finally undeploying the document.

david jencks