ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <davidjen...@directvinternet.com>
Subject Re: Order of attributes versus elements
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 19:58:59 GMT
On 2002.03.01 13:29:34 -0500 Steve Loughran wrote:

> [...]

use model mbeans, not standard ones.  See the xdoclet OpenJmx descriptor
generators and the (just starting) jboss mx xml descriptor generator.  If
for some reason you like Standard MBeans, use xdoclet to generate the
interface for you.

You guys are already moving to documentation generated from marked up
source code, you could also generate the run time interfaces.

> dont get me wrong. I think all components which run server side should
> have
> a JMX interface, I just think its a dog.
Standard mbeans are slow in suns ri due (presumably) to reflection, however
there are other strategies, and dynamic mbeans seem pretty speedy.

Plus the whole JMX registry
> singleton model is messy; makes writing unit tests that much harder

What do you mean by the singleton model?

david jencks