ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/testcases/org/apache/myrmidon/components/deployer DefaultDeployerTest.java TestConverter1.java
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 13:02:33 GMT
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 23:01, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> > Blech. Really don't like this. Complicates the task API for
> > little benefit
> > IMHO.
>
> How do you mean?  The task API hasn't changed at all.

You have added an extra layer of inheritance which doesn't really buy us
anything. Thats the main reason I made things it not extend Avalons Context.

> > If we were going to bind to ants specific notiong of a
> > context then we
> > should bind directly to TaskContext.
>
> We're bound to a super-type of TaskContext.  A very general super-type.
> Nothing terribly Ant specific about it, except for the package it happens
> to be sitting in at the moment.

And the fact that it uses TaskException.

> How is this any different to binding to an
> avalon specific notion of a context?

2 uneeded methods. Direct tie to the Task API. If we are going to do this
there is no point to having a super class because we may as well use
TaskContext directly.

--
Cheers,

Pete