ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Determine target's name
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 11:33:01 GMT
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:16, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> It may likely get veto'd by ant-dev.

It has already been vetoed, time and again and almost certainly will be again.

> 2) If you do continue on the build file generator path (as others have
> done, so you may be reinventing the wheel on this, check the archives of
> ant-dev), would you submit it back to ant-dev at the very least for archive
> purposes, or perhaps we even commit it to our CVS?

One thing you may want to check out is Maven at

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/

I haven't looked at it but I suspect that it is very close to what you want.
A brief look at it gave me the impression that it was very similar to the
templating ideas that I have been advocating for over a year. The difference
being that it uses Velocity rather than XSLT and comes with some
preconfigured templates.

If you do look into it I would love to hear what you think of it. I plan to
convert some Avalon files across to using it in the future (well at least if
it offers everythin I thiknk it offers).

--
Cheers,

Pete