ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/testcases/org/apache/myrmidon/components/deployer DefaultDeployerTest.java TestConverter1.java
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 11:23:47 GMT
On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:02, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> [...]

Blech. Really don't like this. Complicates the task API for little benefit
IMHO. If we were going to bind to ants specific notiong of a context then we
should bind directly to TaskContext.

> Personally, I prefer this approach, rather than adapting back and forwards
> between TaskContext and Avalon Context.  Resolvable and Context are just a
> bit too general for my taste.  However, I can roll this particular change
> back, if there's some compelling reason to go with the Avalon Context.

+1 to a revert. It is ugly now but I plan to rework this in the future to
make it easier to use. The main reason it is general is so that it it can be
used outside of ant with minimal interlinking. Similar to how the Converter
architecture is largely (all?) decoupled from ant/avalon atm.

So it may not be perfect now but I don't think creating a new Context object
is the correct answer.

--
Cheers,

Pete

When a stupid man is doing something he's ashamed of, he always
declares that it is his duty.
					 George Bernard Shaw