ant-dev mailing list archives

From jbjk <j...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Exporting a Project Instance
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:08:48 GMT
The approach I was considering taking was getting the
taskdefs from the Project and the properties file.  Then
the element names can be retrieved using the tasks class.
This means that tasks that do not extend Task will also
be handled.

The responses in this thread have all been with regards
to the implementation detail.  Do people think that this
is a good idea?

If the pattern for a task was extended so each task must
have accessors then using reflection would be the way to
go.

What was the reason for only requiring tasks to have an
execute method?  I don't think it would be an unreasonable
development burden for accessors to be required.

-John K