ant-dev mailing list archives

From Brian English <Brian.Engl...@sas.com>
Subject <classpath> question
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 15:45:30 GMT
Hi, I have added a createClasspath method to a task I've been working on, to allow it to accept
the <classpath> tag in the ant build file.

my createClasspath method looks like:

public Path createClasspath() {
        if (this.classpath == null) {
            this.classpath = new Path(project);
        }
        return this.classpath.createPath();
    }

this is fine and dandy, and it does recognize <classpath> and grab any <pathelement>
location and store it in 'classpath'. What it doesn't do is actually add that value to the
system classpath so that a later method can find the jar located in that path (the whole point
of adding the classpath tag to the task).
Any suggestions on how to do that? Most tasks I've looked at that have the <classpath>
tag, don't seem to actually update the system classpath with the value.

thanks,
Brian