ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional JspcTest.java
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:46:19 GMT

> > I think commonality should be extracted out; per-back end options left
as
> > extras to specify as arguments.,
>
> It's not the best solution, but I can agree with you on this ... just for
> once :-)
>
> The best solution would be something similar to what has been accomplished
> with the ejbjar task ...
>
> for compiling with the weblogic jsp compiler it would look something like
> this :

> verbose="true|false" package="..." failonerror="true|false"
> encoding="<encodingtype>">
>     <classpath>
>     </classpath>
>     <include name="*.jsp"/>
>     <weblogic noTryBlock="true|false" keepgenerator="true|false" .....>
>         <wlclasspath>
>         </wlclasspath>
>     </weblogic>
> </jspc>
>
> and for the jasper jsp compiler it could look something like this :

> verbose="true|false" package="..." failonerror="true|false"
> encoding="<encodingtype>">
>     <classpath>
>     </classpath>
>     <include name="*.jsp"/>
>     <jasper uriroot="<directory>" uribase="...." webxml="..."
webinc="...."
> ieplugin="..." mapping="...">
>         <jasperclasspath>
>         </jasperclasspath>
>     </jasper>
> </jspc>
>
> don't you agree that this would provide the greatest level of flexibility
?

yes, but there is the issue with EJB that we have to fiddle with that task
whenever someone adds a new back end; it is one of those things that we want
to fix...the jsp and jspc task are extensible without needing ant changes.

> > > rebuild
> > >   boolean value to indicate that all jsp pages should be rebuild, so :
> > >     for the Jasper compiler : don't perform a check on the last
modified
> > > time, just pass all jsp pages to the compiler
> >
> > could do; we would be consistent if we didnt do this but relied on a
clean
> > target to clean up for a forced rebuild. This lets you go "ant clean
> build"
> > without having separate rebuild=true, rebuild=false targets
>
> ok, but that means that the jsp name mangler should be per-compiler ...

yes it does, but as different compilers mangle names differently anyway,
this is a known requirement.

> > > now with regards to your last message :
> > >
> > > - I don't really understand what you mean with the dir naming issue
> > can
> > > you please elaborate on that ?
> >
> > If I have a jsp page in a subdirectory, how is that turned into a java
> file?
> > Is it stored in a package name relative to the webapp base? What if the
> path
> > name is 'illegal' and needs mangling itself?
>
> I think jsp pages in subdirectories should use the package name the user
> specified or use no package name at all if the user didn't specify one

I dont know what the spec says here; I will have to look at it. In
particular, I need to verify that JSP pages in subdirectories do not pick up
a package name from the directory, but instead have no package name at all.