ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ClassLoaders ( was: Re: We need to stop the lies)
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 12:45:59 GMT
How does Mutant implement <ant>?

Is it consider part of the core or not? I guess this is the point where
I always have dificulty with proposals on having different syntax
for project files. How does the <ant> task knows what syntax to parse?

Jose Alberto

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 4:51 AM
Subject: RE: ClassLoaders ( was: Re: We need to stop the lies)

> From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
>
> Costin has proposed changes to ProjectHelper that are mostly
> equivelent to
> the ProjectBuilder abstraction I proposed. Basically a mechanism
> to  to have
> alternative strategys to build project objects. At one stage you
> objected to
> ProjectBuilder abstraction back ages ago. Though from your
> comments recently
> I don't think your objections still hold ?

OK, I see what you are getting at. In mutant the core doesn't really care how project models
are constructed. What interests the core is the model itself. The core expects to be given
the model from the front-end code. How the front end built the model is not really relevant
to how the core processes the model. Since the core never requests "building" of the project
model, there is currently no need for the abstraction in mutant.

How do you use the abstraction in myrmidon?

Conor