ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [xdocs] Feature Requests
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 17:18:33 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Burton" <billb@progress.com>

> > We're going to work on this.  I haven't had a look at Ara's pointer to
the
> > recursive templates, but will do so soon and likely integrate that
(unless
> > Bill beats me to it) into our templates to have it recursively output
nested
> > elements.  We'll add some "stop" logic for it to cease the recursion
when a
> > known datatype is found.
>
> Right.  It's not yet recursing on sub elements.  Will see what I can do to
> fix this.

Any luck with this, Bill?  I've started work on this and hit some hurdles.
I was short-sighted in thinking we could just add recursion stop logic when
it hits a known datatype.  The one that gave me a stack overflow(!) was And
(the conditional) - it, of course, can nest another And, and so on and on.
And is not a datatype.  So, I think the trick will be to wrap the pushClass
functionality into one of our own tags and keep a stack of classes to
reference and not allow another push if its already in the stack - this is
all speculation as I haven't tried it yet.  I just thought I'd post to see
if Bill had made any progress on it and to dump my experiment results.

    Erik