ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: TaskAdapter and execute()
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:20:40 GMT
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>
> > On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 23:21, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> > > The other bit would be to nick the XDocs stuff and get task/type
> > > documentation going.
>
> I went to do this and came across issues regarding set/add confusion. I
was
> thinking that it may be to go back to the idea that set is just for
> attributes and add is for nested elements. If you need to have both an
> attribute and element with same name/type then the task developer can
simply
> write something like

[ I haven't been closely following myrmidon's code so forgive a "newbie"
question ]

I thought the idea was to get away from a task knowing anything about its
XML structure.  Why should a task care whether things are attributes or
elements?  Aren't they essentially the same to the actual task?

Could you explain this to me from the perspective of the actual task itself?

    Erik