ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patch Task enhancement
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:09:06 GMT
From: "Thanou Thirakul" <thanou@intelliware.ca>

> Hello all,
>
> I noticed that Patch task does not allow the user to specify what
directory
> in which the task will execute (what directory to apply the patch). I
> modified the class to optionally take the directory in which the task will
> execute. If the user don't specify the directory, the task is executed
under
> "basedir" location.
>
> So the usage add-on is..
>
> Parameter: dir
> Required: no
>
> Usage:
> <patch patchfile="module.1.0-1.1.patch" dir="mydir/subfolder1" />
>
> Attached is the source file.
> Please let me what you all think about this minor enhancement.

Hello Thanou,

A few comments on patch:

* Patch must be suplied in unified diff format
  (Using "cvs diff -u" is preferred).
* Patch Set must contain patches to documentation
  as well (again in Unified diff format).
* Patches must contain JUnit testcases to get
  applied to CVS HEAD faster.
* Code must be properly indented using 4-space-indents.

Please read Checklists section at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant_task_guidelines.html

> Thanou Thirakul

Cheers,