ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <>
Subject Re: Patch Task enhancement
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:09:06 GMT
From: "Thanou Thirakul" <>

> Hello all,
> I noticed that Patch task does not allow the user to specify what
> in which the task will execute (what directory to apply the patch). I
> modified the class to optionally take the directory in which the task will
> execute. If the user don't specify the directory, the task is executed
> "basedir" location.
> So the usage add-on is..
> Parameter: dir
> Required: no
> Usage:
> <patch patchfile="module.1.0-1.1.patch" dir="mydir/subfolder1" />
> Attached is the source file.
> Please let me what you all think about this minor enhancement.

Hello Thanou,

A few comments on patch:

* Patch must be suplied in unified diff format
  (Using "cvs diff -u" is preferred).
* Patch Set must contain patches to documentation
  as well (again in Unified diff format).
* Patches must contain JUnit testcases to get
  applied to CVS HEAD faster.
* Code must be properly indented using 4-space-indents.

Please read Checklists section at:

> Thanou Thirakul

* Wisdom comes to those who live long enough *
* to see things twice.                       *

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message