ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: procedure for submitting a new task for optional.jar
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 21:31:29 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glen Marchesani" <glenlist@model3.net>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 4:21 PM
Subject: procedure for submitting a new task for optional.jar

> I have created a couple AS400 related tasks that are quite
> useful if you are working with AS400's and ANT. I would like
> to submit them for inclusion in optional.jar.  What is the
> procedure for this?
>
> The as400 tasks are
> -run a command on an AS400

Can this be done as a patch to <exec> so that we have a single "run a
command" task that deals with the platform issues underneath?

You can submit via Bugzilla as enhancements and attach files there. Please
also supply documentation files and patches to link them in to our existing
documentation - also, don't forget about patches to defaults.properties and
WHATSNEW!  :)

    Erik