ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ExecWatchdog test failing
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 00:00:31 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>
[...]
> that is why I have one. Only cost $120 to stick a new PIII beside the old
> one, helps me test things like winXP for thread safetly.

> Not a watchdog bug on an MP system, just a timing clock resolution thingy
in
> the test itself

btw why '200ms' ?

Even though they are supposed to run on different cpu I would expect the
startup and shutdown of the VM to be a little bit more than 0ms.... I don't
think that the memory model on the sun vm is this good for thread mapping
and would expect things to be far more unpleasant on the JRockit vm which is
designed to take better advantage of MP boxes because of its MxN thread
mapping. It can even do parallell garbage collection. (experimental as of
today). The startup though is a little bit slower since it compiles all code
at startup.

btw I did a test this afternoon on my webapps, the JVM console management of
JRockit....rocks. It provides a nice way to look at your JVM stats and
behavior without overhead (or at least unnoticeable since performance do not
drop even during load testing). Wish other JVMs had something like this.