ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: proposed new optional task: weblogic 6.x deploy tool
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 01:01:48 GMT
From: <cal@cloud9.net>

> I have written a task that encorporates the WebLogic deployment tool into
> Ant.  With this task you can deploy, undeploy,  update, list, and delete
> components on a running WL server.
>
> If there is interest in this task I would like to submit it.  I would need
> to cleanup and javadoc the code and build some test cases.
>
> Please send feedback if interested.

Chris, I could really use such a task. In particular when you need to install
or upgrade EARs into a running production system.

What kind of features or syntax does your current task has?

Can it be used to define new resources (queues, datasources, etc) or only EARs, WARs and JARs?

How about using a pluggable design like <ejbjar> so that other vendors can plug
their own implementations?

    <eardeploy ... action='delete' name='xyz.ear'>
        <weblogic domain="..." user="...' password='xxx'/>
    </eardeploy>

Jose Alberto