ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: suggestion for if/unless syntax change
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 00:08:09 GMT
> --- Adam Murdoch <adammurdoch_ml@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > You're not the only one.  In myrmidon, we changed if and unless to test
> > the property value against true/false/yes/no (with unset still
> > evaluating to false).

So, is there a way to test if a property is set? Is this coordinated with
other things like <condition>, <available>, etc?

All this things need to play toguether, well.

IMHO, a much more useful thing (instead of changing completely the meaning of 'if')
is to actually let it check for a particular value. I guess I wrote such a patch
in ANT 1.1 (or was it 1.0).

    <target .... if='prop=true'/>

this is a fully backward compatible and more useful thing to have, IMO.

Jose Alberto