ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Ingmar J Stein" <>
Subject Re: RE: checkstyle checkstytle-frames.xsl problem
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:51:41 GMT
Yes, it was only a matter of time that somebody tries to run the XSL
on Win32. I knew that it would choke when I wrote it, but I'm on Solaris...

The reason for adding the "files" directory was that nobody could overwrite
the overview files, i.e. I feared that a class file named "" could
I missed the fact that the generated file name will be "", so
we could
axe that subdirectory.

However, I have no idea how to deal with absolute paths on win32. Does
volunteer to write a function that converts
to a valid path?

PS: The checkstyle-frames.xsl is now included in the checkstyle CVS, so we
remove it from the Ant codebase.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <>
To: <>
Cc: <>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 5:49 AM
Subject: Fwd: RE: checkstyle checkstytle-frames.xsl problem

just in case anyones interested. The checkstyle xsl sheet apparently
breaks on win32 (see below message). Tof fix it I modified the xsl sheet to
strip the leading path and it is usable via something like the following.

        <mkdir dir="${build.reports}/checkstyle"/>
        <property name="checkstyle.pathhack" location="."/>
            <param name="pathhack" expression="${checkstyle.pathhack}"/>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message