ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lingering patches
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:14:18 GMT
From: "Peter Janes" <peterj@liberate.com>

> Magesh Umasankar wrote:
> > There is also this 'Noise' thing :-)
> > If you submit a patch to BugZilla/ant-dev,
> > please keep reminding ant-dev about it till
> > it gets accepted or rejected.  But you know
> > that already ;-)
> >
> > With all this said, I did do a sweep
> > of BugZilla patches a month or so back,
> > IIRC and applied all of those that
> > I was comfortable with - so I would say
> > patches haven't been lingering there for
> > a very long time.
>
> OK, you asked for it. :)

I sure did ;-)

> Any word on my patch for <available> in bug 6031
> (January 29)--necessary changes, reasons it's no good, etc.?  I believe
it's
> backwards-compatible, it's JDK 1.0-compliant (the API, anyway--I haven't
> actually *compiled* it in 1.0 or 1.1), and it's documented.

Please attach a Junit based Ant test that
would fail when ignoresystemclasses is false
and which would pass if it is set to true.

Also explain in the documentation any possible
impacts (if any) this might have on the classpath
attribute/element.

You have done most of what is requested of you as
under "Checklist before submitting a patch" in
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant_task_guidelines.html

In summary, this is what I ask for: please submit a
patch set that I can apply by doing very little work
and I will get your patch in ;-)

> Peter J.

Cheers,
Magesh

*  When in doubt, mumble; when in trouble,  *
*  delegate; when in charge, ponder.        *
*                          - James H. Boren *