ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Towards Ant 1.5 (Re: Bug fixes to 1.4.1)
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:15:03 GMT
From: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>

> Better to focus on getting ant1.5 out, now
> that it has been six months since 1.4

Not real roadblocks, but...

* I want to get 'Selectors' functionality in,
  if possible.  Bruce has hinted that he has
  got most of it done and will be wrapping it
  up as a nice package to commit in the next
  few days.

* Adam was trying to get some form of antlib
  in.  Status?

* Stefan wanted to get enhanced <input> in.
  As I understood, he didn't want to release
  <input> in its current form.

* Conor feels that we need to get the number
  of 'bugs' down to around 30...

I don't recollect any other specific targets
that have been communicated for Ant 1.5.
Perhaps, Erik has logged it somewhere...

And while we are on the topic:
Conor, do you have a list of 'Things to do'
to make a release?  If so, please post it.
Even a rough sketch would help - we can
then iteratively improve upon it to form
an exhaustive document...

I am shying away from even trying to build
all of Ant because I do not have access to
most of the tools and APIs that make up the
optional stuff.  Jon said he had some 'dummy'
APIs, though not exhaustive...

*If* I were able to easily build Ant as a
whole, complete with optional tasks, etc.,
I would volunteer to try getting a release
out.

Cheers,
Magesh

*  Etc.: A sign to make others believe that  *
*  you know more than you actually do.       *