ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ant task and output attribute
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 08:17:01 GMT
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>

> I have just written a facade for the Ant task in mutant and noticed
> something odd in the Ant 1.x source. The output attribute for the Ant
> task is specified as a String. As far as I can tell it is never resolved
> to the project's base directory. Do you think this should be fixed by
> changing the parameter to a File. Such a change would a minor backward
> compatability break but could be considered a bug fix.

I think we should just add an additional method with the file signature
and do the resolving in the method passing a String.

That way we keep Backward compatibility and fix the bug, like we have done before.

    public void setOutput(File out) { .... }

    public void setOutput(String out) {
        setOutput(resolveFile(out));
    }

Jose Alberto