ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Order of attributes versus elements
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 18:29:34 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Jencks" <davidjencks@directvinternet.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 05:34
Subject: Re: Order of attributes versus elements

> Just to be gratuitous, I'll repeat my assertion that a lot of aspects of
> ant might be simpler if it was built using jmx.

what, like having to write an interface called ExecTaskMBean for every task
instead of using some kind of declarative metadata to describe what methods
exported? JMX is like EJB1.0 in that respect.

dont get me wrong. I think all components which run server side should have
a JMX interface, I just think its a dog. Plus the whole JMX registry
singleton model is messy; makes writing unit tests that much harder